Friday, December 3, 2010

The pen is mightier than the sword, but what about the pencil?

This morning I would like to chat with you for a few minutes about me and my relationship with my art career. I guess I should start with...{Sabotage is a deliberate action aimed at weakening another entity through subversion, obstruction, disruption, or destruction. In a workplace setting, sabotage is the conscious withdrawal of efficiency generally directed at causing some change in workplace conditions.} This was the wiki entry for sabotage. This is how I often feel I do sub-consciously to my art career. At times I feel I am not pushing it far or fast enough. Often I find myself questioning why I haven't contacted this or that gallery, or why  I haven't sent off information or a portfolio to certain publications... even the local paper which runs a section on local artists and does a spotlight where they do an article on 1 artist a week. It is very frustrating when I think about it, that I am the one who is holding myself back. I do know that is is very difficult to put yourself out there, as all artists are trying to create from some emotional spot inside themselves, and the fear of having someone tear that physical manifestation of your emotions apart verbally can be petrifying. The problem is however that not acting or moving, is still an action, just not in a direction that will be helpful. So here I sit musing and writing about not moving in the right direction while I should be creating. Ha... amusing.
OK well I better be off, I have a lot to accomplish and I really want to move in the right direction. Thanks for listening.
Oh, and a quick question... am I the only one who feels this way??? Inquiring monsters want to know.
-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment